Impact of AT&T Sunsetting Its 3G Network on Your Mueller AMI Devices
As wireless communication technology continues to evolve, third-party telecommunication providers in North America are making significant changes to their network infrastructure. As part of this process, these third-party telecommunications providers have decided to discontinue 3G wireless services as networks are upgraded to 4G and 5G technology. On February 22, 2022, AT&T plans to fully discontinue service on their 3G network, which means that Mueller® AMI devices including Mi.Hub XR and XRR Collectors, Mi.Tech Handhelds, Mi.Net® Install Radios, and RMR (KP) Collectors will be impacted. However, Mueller has a plan in place to help you with this transition.
Please click on the links below for more information on how to mitigate the impact to your network:
- 3G Sunsetting Letter to Metering Customers for Collectors (01-25-2022)
- Installation Instructions: Mi.Hub XR/XRR Collector Upgrade Kit
- 3G Sunsetting Letter to Metering Customers for Handhelds (02-07-2022)
- AT&T Notice of Future 3G Network Transition & Device Activation Discontinuance Letter (02-21-2019
- Setup Instructions: Nighthawk® LTE Mobile Hotspot Router
- 3G Sunsetting Letter to Metrology Customers
- 3G Network Sunset Frequently Asked Questions
- Operating Instructions:
If your network experiences service interruptions or need additional assistance, please contact our Network Operations Center by phone at 800.423.1323 or via email at email@example.com. Thank you.