ATLANTA–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA) today reported net sales of $281.1 million and net income of $4.0 million for the fiscal 2012 fourth quarter ended September 30, 2012. The following compares 2012 fourth quarter results from continuing operations to the prior year period. In the quarter, the Company:
- Increased net sales 9.7 percent to $281.1 million from $256.3 million.
- Grew operating income to $21.9 million from $12.2 million, an increase of 79.5 percent, while adjusted operating income increased 69.4 percent to $22.7 million from $13.4 million.
- Delivered income from continuing operations per diluted share of $0.03, up $0.07 from a loss of $0.04. Adjusted net income per diluted share of $0.03 improved $0.06 from a loss of $0.03.
- Increased adjusted EBITDA year-over-year to $38.1 million from $29.3 million.
- Generated increased free cash flow of $45.3 million for the 2012 full year, up from $12.7 million in 2011.